Friday 11 January 2019

Special Friend

Hi Everyone

I've had another play with this stamp set by Altenew - Best Mom and created this card using the Altenew Watercolour palette.

The card starts with a base of Bazzill Creampuff, followed by Guacamole and the last layer of Creampuff.

I then stamped the Birthday words from Penny Black's Grateful Heart set (30-467).

Now for the flowers - on Canson Watercolour card 300gsm, I stamped two sets of Best Mom flowers using an Archival Jet Black ink pad.  

Using the Altenew Watercolour Palette and a waterbrush, I coloured the leaves first using the Forest Glades watercolour and then the flowers with Rubellite watercolour.

When the flowers were dry, I halo cut out the images (I hand cut, but there is a die set to match this) and then adhered them, around the words, to the card.

When all the layers are secure, I added tiny dots of Enamel Accents - Lemon Twist to the centres of the flowers.

This stamp set is available on our website - https://michellescardsandstamps.com.au/products-page/altenew-dies/altenew-best-mom-die-set/

This stamp set was designed for the American market and features 'Mom' rather than 'Mum'.  I haven't really used the words myself and only used the words, so the spelling hasn't turned me off this stamp set.

Happy Stamping
Michelle & Robyn




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10