Tuesday 15 January 2019

Penny Black - Summer Glow

Hi Everyone

I started making this card late last year and only just got to finish it.  

This card is using Penny Black's Summer Glow cling stamp - 40-610 and Footnotes stamp set 30-238.

The card starts with a base of Bazzill Typhoon, followed by Dotted Swiss Irish Eyes and lastly Colour Copy 200gsm paper.

I created a border on the Colour Copy paper using painters tape (then realised Darkroom Door bought a stencil set out which would have worked perfectly) and coloured on the inside of the tape using Twisted Citron Distress Ink.


I then stamped the Footnotes words using the Twisted Citron Distress Ink.

Now it's time to stamp the the Summer Glow image.  I stamped it on the Colour Copy paper with a Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad.  I also stamped the 3 main flowers on another piece of Colour Copy paper and coloured them separately.

I started by colouring the leaves first using Copic Markers - G21, G34, G28, G29 and YG23.  To colour the flowers, I used Copic Markers - B23, B18, B39 and in the centres with Y38.

I cut out the second layer of flowers and adhere them to the main card using glue.

Lastly, I stamped 'On Your Birthday' from Penny Black's stamp set - Special Wishes 30-229 using the Archival Ink pad - Watering Can.

Summer Glow is available in-store or online - https://michellescardsandstamps.com.au/products-page/penny-black/penny-black-40-610-summer-glow/

Happy Stamping
Michelle & Robyn





No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10