Wednesday 25 July 2018

Best Wishes

Hi Everyone

Since our recent arrival of Power Poppy stamps, I've been making a lot of cards using these fantastic stamps.

Here is a card that I have made using the Power Poppy - Dream Wedding (PPJUN1603) stamp set.  I thought this card could be used for lots of occasions, Wedding, Bridal Shower or Birthday.

I started with base layer of Bazzill Dotted Swiss card - Mud Puddle and added layers of Creampuff and Graphic45 papers 'Birds of a Feather' and 'Just Because' from the Botanical Tea paper range.

I cut the Fishtail Flags from two sets of My Favorite Things Dienamics die sets and edged with a little Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  I then tied some white ribbon around the top of the card and secured with a double knot.

In the stamp set, 'Best Wishes' is a two line stamp.  I really wanted this to be a one line stamp, so I carefully cut the stamp in half and lined them up on my acrylic block.  I did do a couple of practice stamps to make sure I had them straight before stamping on the Creampuff card, but it did work.  The stamp will now work in is 2 line or 1 line format, which is great as I really like the font.

Next for the cake, I stamped it on Colour Copy 200gsm card and coloured with Copic Markers E50, E31, E35, Y17, YG03, G07, G28, BV02, BV17, R32, R35, R37, C0, C1, C3 and C5.  I then halo cut the image and adhered it to the card with mounting tape along with the words 'Best Wishes'.

Happy Stamping
Michelle & Robyn




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10