Thursday 12 May 2016

Penny Black - Bejeweled

Hi Everyone

Penny Black's new releases this year have included lots of new floral images and this is one that caught my eye - Bejeweled 40-452

I love coloured with my Copic Markers (no surprise there) but when colouring with brushstroke stamps like this, you need a Memento Toffee Crush which is perfect as it hides behind the Copic Markers.

Start by stamping the image using the Toffee Crush ink pad and cover the stamped image with the lightest colour of the Copic Markers.  In this image, the flower head is coloured with B02 and the leaves G21.

With the base colour now down, colour with the Copic Markers B05, B29, G24 and G28.  The stamped image just disappears and you can only see the Copic Marker colours.

For this first card, I started with Bazzill Arctic, Lily White and Dotted Swiss Sandbox.  The words are from Penny Blacks - Edge to Edge 30-164.

I finished off the flowers with some Gold dots in the centre.





 My second card starts with a base of Bazzill Pansy, Lily White and Clover Leaf.

I stamped the Bejeweled image with the Memento Toffee Crush ink pad and coloured it with Copic Markers G21, G24, G28, V06, V09, BV13, BV08 and BV17.

I finished off the centre of the flowers with some Gold liquid dots.


Across the bottom of the card, I stamped Happy Birthday from the Darkroom Door stamp set DDRS143.

You'll find the Bejeweled stamp on our website - http://michellescardsandstamps.com.au/products-page/penny-black/penny-black-40-452-bejeweled/

Happy Stamping
Michelle & Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10