Wednesday 30 April 2014

Botanical Notes (again)

Hi Everyone

I really love this stamp and my playing over the weekend included a watercolour version.

The main image is Penny Black Botanical Notes Slapstick/Cling stamp 40-276 which I stamped on Watercolour paper (I use 300gsm) using an Archival Ink pad.

I then stamped the background with Darkroom Door's French Script Background stamp using
Wild Honey Distress Ink Pad.

Now, time to start colouring, around the image I squiggled Mowed Lawn Distress Marker and faded the colour out using a water brush.

The leaves of the flowers are coloured with Forest Moss and Peeled Paint Distress Markers and a little water added to dilute the colour.  The seal was coloured with Squeezed Lemonade and diluted with water.

The Butterfly is 2 layers and was coloured with Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade.

The flowers were coloured with Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspberry which I added a little colour to, so that the outer parts of the petals were lighter.  The petals are 2 additional layers on top of the base card.

The base card is Bazzill Creampuff and then a layer of Heidi and Velvet.  On the Velvet card, I stamped Darkroom Door's Damask Background stamp and embossed with Silver embossing powder.  The words were stamped on Heidi and the words are from Hero Arts CL611 Many Birthday Message, embossed with Silver embossing powder.

With a little ribbon, this card is finished.

Happy Stamping
Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10