Saturday 9 March 2019

Gorjuss - Ruby

Hi Everyone

The Gorjuss stamp range are so beautiful I sometimes feel rather cautious taking them out of the packaging.

Today I'm sharing a card I made using the stamp called 'Ruby' (907251) who is sitting on a swing with her cat.

This stamp is much larger, but I've made this as a normal A6 card so that you can see that she does fit on a normal card.

I started with a base of Bazzill Burgundy card, adding Creampuff and Thunder to the card.

I then stamped Ruby on Colour Copy 200gsm paper using a Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad.  

Now it's time to start colouring.  I always colour the background first, so I coloured with Copic Markers - YG61, YG63 and YG67, creating shadow with the darker shades around the image and blending out.

I then coloured Ruby's face and Arms with E50, E00, E11 and R20 for blush.  As her face is quite large, I needed to add E50 to the centre of the face.  I also added some E04 to the shadows for more depth.

I coloured Ruby's hair with E41, E43, E47 and E49, working on one section at a time.  

Ruby's dress was coloured with R17, R37, R39, R59 and I also ran a W3 over the top to darken it a little.

Lastly the Cat was coloured with W0, W3, W5 and W7.

I added the words over the bottom left of the card from My Favorite Things - Essential Sentiments stamp set.

Happy Stamping
Michelle & Robyn






No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10