Tuesday 28 March 2017

Darkroom Door - Fine Butterflies

Hi Everyone

I've finally had time to sit down and play with the new Darkroom Door Fine Butterflies (DDRS175) and WOW what a fun stamp set to play with.

Here's a couple of cards I made using this stamp set.

For the first card, the base card is Kaisercraft Burnt Orange followed by Bazzill Lily White, Beetle Black and Pear.

On the Pear card, I stamped one of the smaller butterflies, added a little Peeled Paint Distress Marker and Glossy Accents to the centre of the butterflies.  I also stamped the words 'Thinking of You' from Darkroom Door's Simple Saying set (DDRS119) with Versamark and embossed it with Wow Opaque Bright White embossing Powder.

After adhering all of the layers of the card, I added the large butterfly which I coloured with Copic Markers (E18, R27, YR02, YR00, G14 and G28).




For the second card, I used a base of Bazzill Dotted Swiss Neptune, Lily White and Pear.  On the Pear card, I stamped smaller butterflies with Versamark and the words are from Simple Sayings (DDRS119) stamped with Archival Jet Black ink pad.

The Butterflies were stamped on Lily White card and then onto Colour Copy 200gsm card and coloured with Copic Markers BG09, BG05, YG09, YG06 and E18.  After colouring the butterflies in, I cut them out and adhered them to the card and added a little Glossy Accents to the bodies of the butterflies.







My last card uses on of Darkroom Door Quote stamps - Dreams (DDQS015).

This card has a base of Bazzill Pear layered with Beetle Black, Lily White and Colour Copy 200gsm paper.

On the Colour Copy paper, I stamped the small butterfly with a Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad and coloured the background with YG03 and YG11.  I coloured the butterfly wings with YR02, YR00 and YR000 and the body with YG03 which, I'm sure you're surprised, I added Glossy Accents to (yes, you might be seeing a trend here).

After adhering this to the base card, I stamped the Dreams quote on Lily White card with Archival Jet Black and adhered to the Beetle Black card and adhered it to the front of the card with mounting tape.

Hope you like these card ideas, it's certainly a great stamp set.

Happy Stamping
Michelle & Robyn






No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10