Wednesday 8 April 2015

Darkroom Door - Teddy Bear

Hi Everyone


Easter was the perfect opportunity for me to play with the new Darkroom Door stamps including my new favourite stamp - Teddy Bear (DDPS030).

As you know, I love colouring with Copics and Teddy is the perfect opportunity to play around with Memento ink pads and shading with the Copic Markers.

I have some cards to show you but first wanted to show you colouring the Teddy.

In my samples below, I have used Memento ink pads - Toffee Crush, Rich Cocoa.  The Teddy stamp is such a clear image, I could just leave it as is - nahhhhh!!!. 

 
Now, using the same Copic Markers E41, E43 and E47, I coloured the two Teddies.  Be careful with colouring with the E47 as it is a very strong colour, particularly as the stamped image is brown and will go very dark.  With the nose, I used E47 and E43 but the eyes are E43 only.  If you coloured them any darker, they would be staring at you (no psycho teddies please) and don't forget to leave the reflection light as is.

 
Now for a card - starting with a base of Pinecone, I then added Creampuff and Fawn which I had stamped with the Darkroom Door Plaid Background Stamp (DDBS002).using a Coffee Archival Ink pad.
I coloured Teddy's bow with Copic Markers B93, B95 and B97 and mounted him and the words with mounting tape.  The words are Darkroom Door's Quote Stamp 'Friends' (DDQS010).  With Teddy, I also blended a little Brush Corduroy around the edge to create a little more contrast between the background and the teddy.
Happy Stamping
Michelle
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10