Thursday 13 March 2014

Impression Obsession - 1 card - 2 ways

Hi Everyone

I came across this stamp when I was at CHA and couldn't wait for it to arrive, it's one of the new releases from Impression Obsession called 'Lanterns' and is code L13201.

I decided to make 2 cards with it, showing you 2 different ways of colouring it - so I have a colour version and a black & white version.

I'll start with the colour version.  The card is Bazzill Java and I have layered with Pomegranate and Aloe Vera.  The background for the lanterns is Watercolour paper which I have blended Distress Ink Pads - Old Paper and Walnut Stain around the edges.

Stamp the Lanterns using an Archival Jet Black ink pad and then colour with Distress Markers Dried Marigold, Festive Berries, Bundled Sage, Gathered Twigs, Pumice Stone and Old Paper.  To blend the colours, blend with the lighter colour or with water from an AquaBrush.












Now for the Black and White Version.  I kept the same base card of Java and layered with Pomegranate card.   I then added a layer of Lily White which I stamped Hero Arts Decorative Bamboo (K4900) using Hero Arts Shadow Ink - Field Greens.

On HP Colour LaserJet paper (200gsm), I stamped the Lanterns using a Memento Tuxedo Jet Black ink pad and blended Distress Ink Pads - Old Paper and Black Soot around the edge.

I coloured the Lanterns with Copic Markers Warms Tones W-0, W-3, W-5 and W-7.  This gave the image a vintage look and allowed me to control the variation of shades.

When adhering the top layer, I tilted it slightly and trimmed off the edges that over-hanged the card.

Happy Stamping
Michelle





 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10