Wednesday 29 January 2020

New Darkroom Door stamps have just arrived

Hi Crafty Friends

Darkroom Door's latest release of stamps and stencils have just arrived and thanks to our class at Creativation, made this card over the weekend.

This card starts with a base of Bazzill Creampuff and has layers of Kraft card and Colour Copy paper.

For the blue/purple background, I smudged Tim Holtz's Distress Oxide Ink Pads - Faded Jeans and Dusty Concord over a Craft Sheet, spritz it with water and smudged the Colour Copy paper through it.  When the paper was dry, I stamped Darkroom Door's new - Number Medley stamp set over it using an Archival Watering Can ink pad

From some extra Colour Copy paper, I die cut two tags from Tim Holtz/Sizzix Tag Set, distressed the edges, blended Brushed Corduroy and stamped Darkroom Door's French Script in an Archival Peeled Paint ink pad.  I also added a little reinforcement to the top of the tag, blended with Brushed Corduroy.

I then stamped the two flowers from Darkroom Door's new set - Warm Wishes, using a Memento Toffee Crush ink pad and coloured the with Copic Markers - BV08, BV13, BV00, YG62, YG63 and YG67.

With my colouring now complete, it was time to assemble the card.

I had an extra 'Lots of Labels' stamped image from my Creativation class and not wanting it to go to waste, blended Archival Peeled Paint over it and stamped 'Sending Love' from the Warm Wishes stamp set.

For this label, I really wanted to thread some twine through it, but didn't want to punch a hole, so I die cut two extra tags from Tim Holtz's set from black card and adhered them either size.  I was then able to thread the Hemptique twine through the label around the back and secure with a double knot on the right.




















To see Darkroom Door's full release, you'll find them instore or on our website - https://michellescardsandstamps.com.au/products-page/darkroom-door-stamps-by-designer/

Happy Stamping
Michelle & Robyn


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10