Wednesday 7 March 2018

In Praise of Sunflowers

Hi Everyone

Sunflowers are one of my favourite flowers and colouring them is an opportunity to play with colour and shading.  This stamp set from Power Poppy is called In Praise of Sunflowers (PPAUG1601) and features this lovely large Sunflower.

My first card is a square card which I stamped the Sunflowers over the Colour Copy (200gsm) card using a Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad.  When colouring, I always colour the background first, so I traced the petals and leaves with Copic Markers E40 and E41.  This creates a slight shadow behind the flowers so that they look like they are slightly off the page.

I then coloured the leaves and stems with Copic Markers YG61, YG63, YG67 and G29 and then started colouring the petals with Y35, YR24, E35, E37 and then the centre of the Sunflowers with E29, E49 and E35.
 
 
 
 
 

When I finished colouring the Sunflowers, I adhered it to Bazzill Beetle Black (the darkness makes the centre of the Sunflowers pop), added some Dark Brown Twine and then onto the Bazzill Ivy card.  I then added some words from Impression Obsessions stamp B13615.





My second card is a standard A5 card starting with layers of Bazzill Guacamole, Pinecone, Creampuff and Simple Stories paper.  I added the words from the Power Poppy set - Everything's Even Rosier and some twine across the bottom.

With this Sunflower, I stamped it two times on Colour Copy card using a Rich Cocoa Memento Ink Pad (dark brown).  I halo cut one full stamped image and the second image was also halo cut, but this time just the top petals.

I  then coloured the leaves and stems with Copic Markers YG61, YG63, YG67 and G29 and then started colouring the petals with Y35, YR24, E35, E37 and then the centre of the Sunflowers with E29, E49 and E35.

When I finished colouring the Sunflowers, I adhered the full image to the front of the card and mounted the inner petal layer up with mounting tape.

Hope you like the cards.
Happy Stamping
Michelle & Robyn





No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10