Thursday 1 February 2018

Calendar Project 2018 - February

Hi Everyone

This month's calendar features Penny Black's Crimson Blush (40-511) cling stamp which is so easy to colour.


The base card is Bazzill Creampuff, followed by Kaisercraft Burgundy, Bazzill Gold Foil card and then Canson Watercolour card 300gsm.

On the Watercolour card, I stamped the Crimson Blush using Orange Blossom Archival ink pad.  This is a little lighter than Sepia and allows for it to fade into the background when I start colouring.

I then traced around the image with a Gathered Twigs Distress Marker and blended the colour into the background.  This gives a little depth to the image.  I also added a little Darkroom Door's French Script into the background for added effect.













Now it's time to start colouring the Leaves with Peeled Paint and Forest Moss Distress Markers.  Once the leaves are coloured, I started on the Roses by adding Worn Lipstick Distress Marker to most of the petals (I left the outer edges white).  Once finished, I added Festive Berries Distress Marker to add additional colour to the petals and lastly added a little Fried Brick to the inner part of each petal for shadow.  Each time,  I blended the image with a waterbrush to fade it out. 


















As with all of my watercolour cards, I added Tim Holtz's Distress Glaze on top to prevent fading and allowed it to dry.

After assembling the layers of the calendar, I added 'February' which was coloured with Fired Brick Distress Paint.
 
Just for another idea, here's a card which was coloured using the same colours and card.
 
 
Hope you like the cards.
Happy Stamping
Michelle & Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10