Tuesday 10 October 2017

Festive Joy

Hi Everyone

I love pulling out a stamp set that I've had set aside and making a set of cards from them.

These cards are from Penny Black's Festive Joy (30-264) stamp set and is a lovely mix of Christmas dog, cat, bird and mice.

My first card - Christmas Wishes features the Cat from the set.  I started with a base of Bazzill Ivy and added Creampuff and paper layers from Little Yellow Bicycle - All Wrapped Up and Simple Stories Red Dot.  I added a little White Grosgrain ribbon to hide the join.

On the Red Dot, I stamped the words 'Christmas Wishes' from Darkroom Door's Brushed Christmas Vol 1 (DDRS135) stamp set and embossed it with WOW Opaque White embossing powder.

Now for the main image, I stamped the Cat on Colour Copy 200gsm paper using a Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad and blended around the edges with a Tumbled Glass Distress Ink Pad.  I coloured the cat with Copic Markers E50, E31, E33, E35, E37, E79 and a little R20 on the cheeks and ears.  The candy cane and bird were coloured with Copic Markers R22 and R27.  The Tree was coloured with Copic Markers YG63, YG67 and E37.  I added some greenery on the ground with YG63 and YG67, brushing away from the characters.  Time now to mount him up on Bazzill Pomegranate and a scallop square cut from Creampuff.

My second card is the Dog from the set who is looking up at the bone in the stocking.

My base card is Bazzill Ivy and I've layered up with Creampuff, Guacamole and pieces of Simple Stories Red Dot.

I stamped 'Merry Christmas' from Darkroom Door's Brushed Christmas Vol 1 (DDRS135) stamp set and embossed it with WOW Opaque White embossing powder and tied a white grosgrain ribbon around the lower part of the card.

I stamped the Dog on Colour Copy 200gsm paper using a Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad and blended around the edges with a Peeled Paint Distress Ink Pad.  I coloured the Dog with Copic Markers E50, E31, E35 and the ears and tail with E37 and E79.  The present and stocking were coloured with R22, R27, R39, YG63, YG67, YR23 and Y21.  I added ground to the image with E35 and E37, getting lighter as I moved away from the Dog and Present.

Lastly I adhered the images to a Scallop rectangle and mounted him on the card.

Hope you enjoy these two cards.
Happy Stamping
Michelle & Robyn




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10