Friday 12 May 2017

Penny Black - First Waltz

Hi Everyone

First Waltz is one of Penny Black's brush-stroke stamps which are so much fun to colour.  The problem I had with this stamp is that I wanted to colour it with Copics and create a watercolour version using Distress Markers.....hmmmm, time to do both.


Copic Card
Starting with a base card of Bazzill Creampuff, Sweetheart and Fawn, I stamped the First Waltz flowers on Colour Copy 200gsm paper using a Memento Toffee Crush ink pad. 
I then set about colouring the flowers with Copic Markers YG61, YG63, YG67, G29, G14, YR68, Y17, R81, R83, R85 and RV69.
Over the Fawn card, I stamped Darkroom Door's French Script Background stamp with an Archival Coffee ink pad.  The Postage stamp is a My Favorite Things Dienamic's Stax set, perfect for this card.  I added the words from Penny Black's Petal Party 30-113.


Distress Markers Card
Using the same card colour combination of Bazzill Creampuff and Sweetheart, I used Canson Watercolour 300gsm card.
I stamped First Waltz using an Antique Linen Distress Ink Pad.  I coloured the leaves with Distress Markers Peeled Paint, Forest Moss and Pine Needles and blended out with a waterbrush.  I then coloured the petals with Picked Raspberry, Aged Mahogany and Wild Honey. 
I blended around the edges of the watercolour card with Wild Honey and added some words from Penny Black's Footnotes 30-238 using an Archival Coffee Ink pad.
 
When dry, I covered the watercolour card with Distress Glaze to prevent it from fading, added some paper lace and 'Happy Birthday' from Darkroom Door's Happy Birthday set DDRS143.
 
Hope you like the card ideas.
 
Happy Stamping
Michelle & Robyn



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10