Monday 1 May 2017

Calendar Project - May 2017

Hi Everyone

Happy 1st May, here in Brisbane it's a public holiday and we're enjoying some absolutely beautiful weather.

In April I started playing with Penny Black's Tulip Queue (40-540) which is a lovely collection of tulips which can be coloured into any colour combination.

This calendar page starts with a base of Bazzill Guacamole which I stamped the Darkroom Door Postcards Background stamp on with an Archival Olive ink pad and blended a little Peeled Paint around the edges.

I then layered up with Bazzill Glow and two layers of Colour Copy 300gsm (I didn't adhere the top layer until the page was finished).

On the top layer of Colour Copy paper, I stamped two sets of the tulips with a Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad.  I then coloured the stems with Copic Markers YG63 and YG67, the red tulips with R32, R35, R37 and R39 and the yellow tulips with Y11, Y15, Y38 and a little YR68. 

After colouring the tulips, I applied Glossy Accents to the Tulips and allowed them to dry.

I then blended a little Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass around the sky and Peeled Paint around the lower part of the card.  The Glossy Accents protected the Tulips from being covered with the ink.

The last steps were to adhere the layers together and the calendar page.  I coloured the Scrapmats 'May' month and heart with Fired Brick Distress Paint and adhered them to the page.  The Heart I added to Mother's Day.

Happy Stamping
Michelle & Robyn




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10