Wednesday 1 February 2017

Calendar Project - February 2017

Hi Everyone

January is now over and it's time for our February calendar page.

This page has been made using Altenew's Adore You stamp set.

The base card is Bazzill Creampuff which I coloured with Victorian Velvet Distress Paint.  I then added a layer of Pinecone and the top layer is Canson Watercolour card (300gsm).

The flowers were stamped using an Archival Pale Ochre ink pad, but at times I did get some black from my previous stamped images (reminder I should clean my stamps between uses).

I stamped the lower centre flower, masked it with a Post-It note and stamped the same image slightly higher.  I continued stamping and masking with the other 2 flower stamps and leaves until my design was finished.

When colouring, I always start from the background and work forward, therefore my first step was to add a little Tea Dye Distress Marker around the images and blend out with a water brush.  I added a little Ground Espresso Distress Marker under the flowers to create a little extra shadow.

Next was to colour the flowers.  I started with a Milled Lavender Distress Marker and added shadows using a Brushed Corduroy Distress Marker.  I then blended the two colours using a water brush.



Lastly I coloured the centre of the flowers with a Ground Espresso Distress Marker and allowed the image to dry.

When it was finished, I realised I wanted to make the two centre flowers 'pop' a little more, so I stamped an additional 2 images, coloured them and then adhered them to the main image.  This added depth to the image. 

I added 3 flowers and 2 leaves to the lower part of the page and added white dots using Glacier White Enamel Accents.

Hope you like the page.
Happy Stamping
Michelle & Robyn

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10