Tuesday 1 November 2016

Calendar Project: November 2016

Hi Everyone

Happy 1st November AND Melbourne Cup Day!!!

Today's calendar page was inspired by the Spring Racing Carnival and I've been dying to play with this Power Poppy stamp set 'Countryside Bouquet Delux'.

I started with a base card of Bazzill Typhoon and layered up with Saltino and Jacaranda before adding a white layer of Laser Colour Copy paper in 200gsm.

I stamped 2 Countryside Bouquets facing each other using a Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad.  I blended around the edge of the white paper with a Peeled Paint Distress Ink Pad and then using a B00 Copicc Marker, flicked a halo of blue around the stamped images.  This just gave them a bit of a shadow so they didn't just look stuck on the page.

Now for the Copic Markers (yes, there is a lot).  I always start by colouring the leaves first, so I coloured all of the leaves, ferns and stems with YG63 and YG67.  The Bluebells were coloured with B02, B05 and B28.  I coloured the yellow Gerberas with Y11, Y15, Y17 and YR68 and the centre of the flowers with E49 and E29.  The Poppy's were coloured with YR61, R39, R27 and lastly I traced around the edges of each petal with a Y17, just to highlight them a little.

If you like this stamp set, pick it up instore or via our website - http://michellescardsandstamps.com.au/products-page/power-poppy/power-poppy-country-bouquet-delux/

Hoping you have a great day and that your horse wins at the Melbourne Cup.

Happy Stamping
Michelle & Robyn.


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10