Monday 2 November 2015

Darkroom Door - Pretty Poppies

Hi Everyone

I've had an opportunity to play with the new Darkroom Door Collage Stamps and I'm sure you know I like to colour, so it shouldn't be a surprise that I've pulled out my Copic Markers and went to work.

The first stamp to catch my eye was the new Collage Stamp - Pretty Poppies (DDCS019) and I've created 2 cards to show you.

Firstly, I kept with the traditional colours for Poppies - red.

My card base is Bazzill French Cream and layered with Pinecone, Guacamole and Pomegranate and lastly a layer of Laser White paper in 200gsm which I will later use for my Copic colouring.

I stamped the image with a Memento London Fog ink pad.  I love using this colour as the stamped image is visible, but doesn't dominate the image like a black ink pad does. 

After stamping the image with the London Fog ink pad, I coloured around the edges with a Peeled Paint Distress Ink Pad and then stamped the Stitched Threads Frame Stamp (DDFR022) with an Archival Coffee ink pad.  I then blended a little of the Coffee around the edges.

Time to colour the Poppies - Using Copic Markers - R05, R27 and R39 and greens G94 and G99, I coloured the poppies.  For the red, I coloured the R39 around the edges of each petal and then in the centre.  I added some R27 over the R39 and a little further into the petals and then finished the remaining area with R05. 

The red poppies were cut out and adhered to the main image and the largest Poppy was mounted up using foam mounting tape. 

For the centre of the Poppies, I applied Glossy Accents and the adhered Mini Prills in the Express-O Yourself colour and allowed them to dry.

For my second card,  I wanted to use a different colour range and this time turned the Poppies into a Cosmos flower.

The card base is Bazzill Wisteria and I added layers of Lily White, Pansy and Lizard.  After stamping my image on Laser card using the London Fog ink pad, I blended around the edges with a Crushed Olive Distress Ink Pad added the words 'Happy Birthday' from the DDRS143 Happy Birthday set.

I coloured the Cosmos (Poppies) in Copic Markers V22, V25 and V28.  Again, I started with the outer petals with the darkest colour and blended into the centre.  After I had finished colouring the flowers, I cut them out and mounted them onto the front of the card.

You'll find the Pretty Poppies stamp on our website - http://michellescardsandstamps.com.au/products-page/darkroom-door-stamps-by-designer/darkroom-door-collage-stamp-ddcs019-pretty-poppies/

Hope you enjoy the cards.
Happy Stamping
Michelle



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10