Saturday 1 February 2014

1st February

Hi Everyone

It's now February and I get to share my February Calendar page. 

February being the month of Valentine's Day, I stuck with the theme colour of red and roses.

Many of you know that I LOVE Darkroom Door's Bright Blossoms Vol 2 stamp set (DDRS108), particularly the rose image.

Here I stamped it 3 times on 300gsm Watercolour paper using Distress Ink Pad - Fired Brick and gently blended the colour was a waterbrush. 

This is a really simple technique but really effective.  It is particularly easy when you do it with Watercolour paper.  The thickness is really important, so look for a 300gsm.

The calendar page has a base of Bazzill Dotted Swiss - Pepper, followed by Pinecone and Creampuff.  On the Creampuff, I stamped the Darkroom Door Postcards background stamp with Versamark and blended Perfect Pearls - Plum over it.  The letters for 'February' were cut with my Cricut and the 3 roses adhere the to the top with the middle on mounted up.

Happy Stamping
Michelle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10